Monday, August 24, 2009

big thanks

to those who showed up for the 11 PM Sunday night performance of The Event last night.

Now that's hardcore.

Last chance to see it is this Friday, 6 PM.

Unless you're in Scotland, in which case you can see it everyday at 1:10 throughout the month.

Our MMMQ reaches back as it so often does to the glory days of punk and New Wave, the music of my youth, when the days flew by, the nights lasted forever and I knew so much more than I do now.

Wreckless Eric wrote and recorded one of the world's perfect songs with (I'd Go The) Whole Wide World. But who sat in the back and played the drums? Was it

1. Charlie Charles

2. Ian Dury

3. Eric Goulden

or

4. Rat Scabies?

Losers hang around in the rain, winners caress some warm brown skin.

1 comment:

Ann said...

You know I love the New Wave questions, Clancy. This must be your gift to me...

It's Ian Dury.