Monday, April 27, 2009

blazes

As in "hot as..."

Yesterday was another example of the new world of postmodern weather, in which the traditional narrative of seasons is disregarded by the Sky Gods.

Crazy out there.

Yesterday was also the first annual members meeting for the League of Independent Theater. Thanks to all for showing up. Always great to sit in a room brainstorming with like-minded people.

And yesterday I found myself listening to Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians and remembering a Sacramento summer many years ago when my buddy Steve Summers turned me on to Mr. Hitchcock. In those distant days Robyn's band was:

1. Lost Boys

2. Hard Boys

3. Soft Boys

4. New Boys

or

5. Blue Ridge Mountain Boys?

Winners get a ride on Brenda's Iron Sledge, losers have to hang with Leppo and the Jooves.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Soft Boys.

Did you know Robyn Hitchcock was in the movie "Rachel Getting Married?" I think he was in the remake of the Manchurian Candidate, also. But I might be making that up.

Rosemoo said...

I'm switching it up and voting for Hard Boys.

Anything for a laugh these days, and that's pretty funny.

:P

It was so hot on Sunday I took a two hour nap. Icky!