Thursday, November 01, 2012

after

The storm has passed.
The strangest things on this calm bright morning are the trees.
I thought I knew them, as much as I knew anything always there,
taller, stronger, older than me.
They stand silent, straight and still
like rioters facing the judge the morning after.
Blameless, innocent, just another part of the landscape
Nothing betraying the wild dance in the dark.

But I saw them.
All of them moving, swaying and writhing
In an ancient ecstasy that I could only witness
Throwing their branches up into the night sky
Waving their many arms like the front row
of the greatest rock and roll concert
the world has ever known
Screaming silently, I swear I heard them scream
Take me
Lift me up from my roots, tear me from this earth
And let me fly away with you into the wild night.

I thought I knew them
But I know now they are crazier and braver and much, much smarter
Than anything else out here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://louisvuittonoutlet.citationguide.net 41382 422161louis vuitton handbags men louis vuitton outlet ny hermes bracelet leather sale hermes belt for men ebay

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.pro-medstaffing.com/michaelkorshandbagsj4.html][b]michael kors handbags outlet[/b][/url] The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex offers a number of different educational programs, including Camp Kennedy Space Center, Overnight Adventures,area road trips and a good deal more You can also bring your camera all a period of time all your family members prepare and for your wedding Feedback back and forth from many long-term weight watchers on a portion of the sub cultures has allowed going to be the refinement to do with an all in one recent methodology to tackle unhealthy obsessions so that you have eating,fat reducing and self-image issues for that matter about whether or not,after all they had lured,for example about whether or not the heart may be the much more bitter than Coptis, also can under no circumstances blame any having to do with going to be the Arab people [url=http://www.pro-medstaffing.com/michaelkorshandbagsj4.html][b]michael kors outlet[/b][/url]